Costa Rica is a nature lover's paradise, with an abundance of beautiful landscapes to explore. From towering volcanoes and misty cloud forests, to pristine beaches and coral reefs, there's something for everyone in Costa Rica.
Here are some of the natural highlights that you won't want to miss during your visit:
1. Arenal Volcano National Park: One of Costa Rica's most popular attractions, Arenal Volcano is a fascinating site to behold. The park offers hiking trails, hot springs and excellent views of the smoking volcano.
2. Monteverde Cloud Forest Reserve: This lush cloud forest is home to a wide variety of plant and animal life, including monkeys, birds and butterflies. It's a great place for a nature hike or a wildlife safari.
3. Manuel Antonio National Park: This small but beautiful park is home to rainforest, beaches and coral reefs. It's a popular spot for swimming, snorkelling and wildlife watching.
4. Guanacaste National Park: This large park is known for its stunning beaches, rolling hills and diverse wildlife. It's a great place for hiking, horseback riding and birdwatching.
5. Corcovado National Park: A UNESCO World Heritage Site, Corcovado National Park is one of the most biodiverse places on Earth. It's home to jaguars, tapirs, alligators and more than 500 species of birds. Hiking and camping are the best ways to explore this park.