If you're looking for a place to get lost in nature, look no further than Romania. From the dramatic Carpathian Mountains to the sandy beaches on the Black Sea, Romania is home to some of the most beautiful landscapes in Europe. Here are some of the highlights you won't want to miss on your next visit:
1. The Carpathian Mountains: These imposing mountains offer some of the best hiking and skiing in Europe. With soaring peaks and pristine forests, the Carpathians are a must-see for nature lovers.
2. The Danube Delta: This unique delta is one of the most biodiverse areas in Europe, with over 4,000 different plant species and 300 bird species. If you're looking for a wildlife adventure, the Danube Delta is the place to go.
3. The Black Sea Coast: Romania's Black Sea coast is famed for its dramatic cliffs, sandy beaches and hidden coves. Whether you're looking for a relaxing holiday or an adventurous getaway, the Black Sea Coast has something for everyone.
4. The Transylvanian Alps: These snowy peaks are a must-see for hikers and climbers, with challenging trails and stunning views. If you're looking for a true wilderness adventure, the Transylvanian Alps are the place to go.
5. Brasov: This charming medieval town is nestled in the Carpathian Mountains and is home to some of the most beautiful architecture in Romania. With its cobblestone streets and medieval churches, Brasov is a must-see for history buffs.
6. Bucharest: Romania's capital city is a bustling metropolis with a rich history and culture. From the ornate Palace of Parliament to the lively nightlife, Bucharest has something for everyone.
7. The painted monasteries of Bucovina: These brightly-painted monasteries are some of the most beautiful in Europe, with intricate frescoes and stunning architecture. If you're looking for an awe-inspiring sight, be sure to visit the painted monasteries of Bucovina.
8. The Transfagarasan Highway: This dramatic mountain road is one of the most scenic in Europe, with views of the Carpathian Mountains and the Transylvanian Alps. If you're looking for an adrenaline rush, be sure to drive the Transfagarasan Highway.
So whether you're a nature lover or a history buff, Romania has something for everyone. With its dramatic landscapes and rich culture, Romania is a must-see destination for all travellers.