Despite its negative reputation in the media, North Korea is a country with plenty of natural beauty to offer travellers. From towering mountains and pristine rivers to stunning coastlines and evergreen forests, there are plenty of amazing landscapes to explore.
Here are some of the best highlights for nature lovers planning a trip to North Korea:
1. The beautiful Taedong River, which flows through the capital Pyongyang, is perfect for a relaxing stroll or bike ride. The river is also home to several impressive bridges, including the iconic Ryugyong Bridge.
2. The majestic Mount Paektu, on the border with China, is North Korea’s highest mountain and boasts some stunning scenery. It’s a popular place for hiking and camping, and is also said to be the birthplace of Kim Jong-Il.
3. The stunning east coast is home to a number of beautiful beaches, such as Wonsan and Hamhung, which offer great swimming and sunbathing opportunities.
4. The dense forests of North Korea are perfect for hikers looking for a challenging trek, while the country’s many waterfalls make for great sightseeing spots.
5. The DMZ (Demilitarized Zone) that separates North and South Korea is an interesting place to visit for history buffs, offering a unique glimpse into life on the other side of the divide.
So if you’re looking for an adventure in a beautiful and largely unexplored corner of the world, North Korea is worth considering. With its rich natural heritage and fascinating culture, you won’t be disappointed. Just be sure to pack your sense of curiosity and adventurous spirit!