Taiwan is a small but diverse island located in the East China Sea. It's famed for its natural beauty, which ranges from rugged mountains and lush valleys to pristine coral reefs and sandy beaches. Here are some of the most beautiful and interesting natural highlights of Taiwan:
1. Taroko Gorge - This stunning gorge is carved through the marble and limestone of the Central Mountain Range, and features some of the most dramatic scenery in Taiwan. Visitors can explore the gorge by hiking or driving along a scenic road.
2. Sun Moon Lake - This tranquil lake is located in the heart of Taiwan's Central Mountain Range, and is considered one of the most beautiful spots on the island. It's named for its shape, which resembles a sun when viewed from above and a moon when viewed from below.
3. Yushan National Park - This park is home to Taiwan's highest mountain, Yushan (also known as Jade Mountain), as well as a variety of other scenic landscapes. Hiking and camping are popular activities in the park.
4. Kenting National Park - Situated on Taiwan's southern coast, Kenting is one of the most popular vacation spots in the country. The park offers stunning beaches, coral reefs, and tropical forests.
5. East Coast National Scenic Area - This area is famed for its dramatic coastline, with rocky cliffs and sandy beaches lining the ocean shore. Visitors can enjoy swimming, surfing, and other activities along the coast.
While there are many other natural highlights of Taiwan, these are some of the most popular and awe-inspiring. Be sure to add Taiwan to your list of must-see destinations for a beautiful and enriching travel experience!